We always head to the same awesome private bar party for superbowl, at which I participate in a pool that I think I will win and pay next month's rent with and it never happens. I think a lot of people go to house parties (for which SLY FOX cans are perfect), but here are a few options if you wanna catch the championship out and about.
1) Just got word that London Grill's Terry McNally pulled a Matt Capone. She went on a beer run across the Keystone state and got a keg filled at East End Brewing co. She's also picking up Iron City cans (which you can't get in Eastern PA anymore) and they will have a Pittsburgh-centric food menu. They will throw in some Wisconsin stuff too.
2) VARGA will be hosting it's first "SuperFowl" an amateur wing contest. Think you've got the best way with the bird? Email Rich@vargabar to compete by today THURSDAY the 3rd.
*Bring your chicken wing version sauce and all
*VARGA will provide chafing dishes
There will be judging by other patrons and semi-pro tasters. The winner will compete against the confit wing master, Evan Turney two weeks later on 2/20. for a Five-course dinner for two.
It's $5 to taste all the wings.
3. Steelers-crazed Jeff Keel will feature Sly Pikeland Pils at $3 all day and you'll catch him in his "lucky spot" in between the juke and the mega-touch. A few Fairmount blocks away- St. Stephens is well-known throughout the regular season as a Pittsburgh-friendly joint.
4. P.o.p.e. is having its 3rd annual "stupor bowl" pitting Pennsy's Troegs against Wisconsin's Central Waters.
5. Jose Pistolas welcomes you to secure your seat early and take in the "Puppy Bowl" at 3:00. The cocina will give a nod to Pittsburgh's old-tyme sub shop, Peppi's, and offer their take on the famous #7, aka the Roethlisburger- ground beef and sausage, american cheese, fried egg, and grilled onions on a hoagie roll. They'll also offer a grilled aged Wisconsin Cheddar Cheese Sandwich. Beer wise-When the Packers are up- Central Waters Pale will be half off, and when the Steelers are up Penn Brewing's Pils will be half off. So all bowl- you might be rooting for one team, but you're wallet might not be as faithful.
If you wanna really impress your house party with no effort other than driving your car to the closest Iron Hill and giving them merely $25- you can bring two artisan pizzas and a growler from the award-winning brewpub.
You can call in your order at one of the following locations until 10 pm.
Newark, DE (147 East Main Street, 302-266-9000)